What are dental implants?
Implants are one way of replacing missing teeth. A titanium post is planted in the jaw bone to support a replacement tooth. This acts like the root of a natural tooth. Implants can also be used to support fixed bridges or dentures.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
- Restoring the mouth as closely as possible to its natural state
- Increasing comfort by eliminating ill-fitting dentures
- An end to restricting food choices due to loose dentures
- Avoid filing down healthy neighbouring teeth (as with a conventional bridge)
- Preserve facial structure by virtually stopping deterioration of the jaw
- Providing a more natural smile and improving appearance and self-esteem